The Genesis Pledge: “We will provide you with the personal attention of a small company, along with the knowledge and expertise you would expect of a large corporate builder . We will use the highest quality materials and construction techniques. We will build your new custom home on time and on budget.” Frank Portelli, Founder and Owner
Why Choose Genesis Custom Homes?
1. Personal Attention: We’re with you every step of the way from initial planning and financing through actual construction and post-construction support.
2. Value and Quality: Whether you want a small or a large home, we understand that you want the best value. We constantly research and refine our methods to provide the most features for the best price.
3. Customization: Pick from any of thousands of ready-to-build plans- we can modify most stock plans, or we can design a completely custom home for you.
4. Location: We build In Livingston, Washtenaw, Oakland, Wayne and surrounding counties.
5. Experience: With over 25 years of experience, and having built thousands of homes, we know what it takes to make your new-home building experience a pleasant one.
Frank Portelli, the founder and owner of Genesis Custom Homes, has held senior management positions with several of the nation’s leading home builders. He has managed the construction of thousands of homes across the United States, primarily in southeast Michigan.
Frank started as a construction laborer while earning a Bachelors Degree in Residential Construction Management from Michigan State University.
After college, Frank took a position as a Superintendent for Ryan Homes, the largest home builder in the nation at the time. There he learned pioneering techniques for construction utilizing the newest generation of engineered wood products and pre-assembled wall structures. Homes were routinely framed to weather tight stage in one day. Final occupancy of 3000 square foot customized homes was typically 50 days.
Opportunity to expand on this experience took Frank to Fleetwood Enterprises’ headquarters in California. There he worked in the production and product development departments of the largest manufactured home maker. Working with the national quality team, Frank worked on quality improvement and product defect research.
Frank returned to Michigan and served nine years at Crosswinds Communities, Michigan’s largest private home builder, as Vice President of Construction of Single Family Homes. Utilizing a wide variety of methods learned over a career in large-scale home building, Frank led efforts to dramatically increase quality while cutting costs.
Most recently having served as Division President for the Wayne Homes division of Centex Corporation. Frank managed the completion of more than 50 custom and semi- custom homes before founding Genesis Custom Homes.
Frank has served on the Board of Directors for the Livingston County Home Builders Association for since 2009. Currently he serves as 1st Vice President.